Monday, May 19, 2008

Temporary Mom Forever God

I have 3 children who can now almost be considered adults. Either way it doesn't change the way a mother feels. To me they will always need protecting no matter how old they get. It is really hard for me to "let go and let God." I can admit that they do not belong to me, but to Him, and no matter how much I love them He loves them more.

My middle child which is my daughter is headed down a path that I myself have not only walked down but had her tagging along. I tried to find comfort in the way I was raising he by believing that if she had food, had clothes, a roof over her head, and my "physco" protection she had so much, and would grow to be a beautiful, strong, and independent woman.

She is all of those things and more, oh did I mention 14!!! The more I try to protect her the more she rebels. I have been involved with the schools, police, and now the court system more in these past months than I have in my 34 years on the planet. I try to kiss her she turns away, I try to be a loving mother and she denies me.

Today I went to court yet again to watch my daughter and her "attorney" address the judge ,without any input from me, about her being put in charge of her own life. I can't stand man's laws, they are never focused around the same principles that my Savior's laws are......LOVE..........

They will never care for her the way I do, and I have to now really focus on "LETTING GOD!"

No comments: